Hey bunqers 🌈
In view of recent increase in social engineering scams such as phishing, we would like to help you recognise this type of fraud, so you can keep your account secure. In this topic you’ll see how you can stay secure and prevent a phishing attempt.
Important Note: bunq would never contact you via phone or ask for your credentials, magic links or any personal information (phone number, email, security code, card number, IBAN, etc.) outside the bunq app.
How can I avoid being phished? 🙅♂️
Never give away your login credentials or personal information
bunq will never ask users to provide login or personal information outside of the app, so if someone pretending to be us is asking for this information, it is a scam and you shouldn't give any information.
Check the format and spelling in messages
If the format and spelling doesn’t match the businesses web address it claims to be from, it’s likely a scam.
Watch out for fake websites
Always make sure you’re on bunq.com if you’re entering your login details.
Contact us via our official channels
If you receive an email from a source you recognize (like bunq) but it appears slightly off or suspicious, contact us to confirm that it’s authentic. This also helps us to identify new scams.
Be careful with your posts on social media
When posting on social media, be careful with your personal information like your date of birth, vacation plans, address, phone number etc. because this information can be useful for scammers.
How to keep your bunq account extra secured?
To verify that your bunq account is secured, you can follow these steps:
- go to Security to change your login code.
- go to Security and tap on "Devices". From there, delete any device that you don't recognize.
- go to Profile and tap on your name. From there, delete any phone number or email address that you don't recognize.
Received an email and not sure if it's phishing?
If you've received an email and you're not sure if it's phishing, check out the actual domains we use to communicate with you through email:
- @ bunq.com - This is our primary domain and is used for transactional emails.
- @ update.bunq.com - This subdomain is dedicated to sending bunq Update invites and general announcements.
- @ hello.bunq.com - This subdomain is used for marketing communications.
Need to report a phishing incident to bunq?
Fill out this form to report your incident and help us to fight fraud!
Want to learn more? Explore more bunq knowledge here 🌈