As a bank, we have to comply with various laws designed to keep you and your money safe. In some cases, we're required to request an official document to confirm your current address.
What kind of documents are accepted as a proof of residence?
✅ A residence permit issued less than 6 months ago. If the document was used for your identity verification, you'll have to provide another document, from the accepted documents below
✅ Utility bill for gas, water or electricity from less than 3 months ago
✅ Rental agreements less than 6 months old
✅ Proof of registration at a municipality or city hall, no longer than 1 year old
✅ Proof of enrollment in school/university for the current academic year
Please provide us with clear pictures or a PDF version of the complete, original document.
Are there any other requirements?
We can only accept your proof of residence if the following information is on the document:
- Your name
- Your full address
- Date of issue
- Your signature and the landlord’s on a rental agreement
- Logo of the company on the utility bill
🚫 Due to security reasons, we don't accept the following documents as a proof of residence:
- Bank statements
- Cell phone bills or any other bills
- Employment contracts
- Proof of property ownership
- Proof of temporary stay
- Address on an ID/Passport
- Short term permits from hostels/hotels
I’ve already sent a document. Why do I need to send it again?
- The document type isn't accepted as proof of residence
- The document is too old
- The document is blurry
- It's a scanned copy or a screenshot
- It isn't the full document: some important information, pages or a part of a page isn't shown
What if I don’t have any of the documents listed above?
We'll only ask you for a document if we're legally required to do so. In case you can’t provide us with such a document, we're not able to complete the account verification. We’ll gladly proceed with your verification as soon as you obtain one of these documents.
Explore more bunq knowledge here 🌈