Our priority is to keep your account and your money safe. Still it is possible that you have used your card in a terminal that skimmed your card details.
We want to provide information you need in case you see outgoing card payment you don’t recognise.
What do we ask you to do
If you see payments in your account you don’t recognise, we ask you to follow these steps so we can help you receive the refund the best way.
- Directly freeze and replace your card so it can’t be used for any other payments.
- Reach out to the merchant to ask them to refund you. If it’s a fraudulent payment the merchant normally is willing to refund the money to you.
- Give the merchant 7 days to respond as they might take care of the refund.
- If the merchant doesn’t respond within the 7 days, you can reach out to support with proof that the merchant won’t help you with the refund. (Please note that we are unable to help you before the 7 days have expired)
What we can do
If you have reached out to the merchant and they have informed you that they are not willing to help you with the refund, we can request a chargeback. We will input the transaction into Mastercard’s Fraud and Loss Database to ensure effective management of fraudulent transactions that are reported to us.
We can only do so if the made payment is fraudulent, so we here is what we need:
- A screenshot/transcript of the communication with the merchant (even if no response has been received)
- A proof that confirms this before we can request the chargeback. When a chargeback has been requested, the merchant can still dispute this and a processing fee can be charged.
How do I know if I received the refund
When your refund has been processed you will receive a push notification and there will be a new refund event in the app. For more information on how the refund is shown in the app, have a look here.
Want to learn more?
Explore more bunq knowledge here. 🌈