Your safety and well-being are our priority. We have an acceptance policy in place to abide by legal regulations and follow some of our own risk standards as a company.
After you complete the sign-up process, we will quickly review your application. We assess each application individually to make sure every company is held to the same standard and fulfills all account requirements.
In order for us to approve your Business account, the activities and the structure of your company must meet all of the following:
We will not accept your company if it has activities in any of the following areas:
- Crypto currencies
- Casinos and gambling
- Financial institutions and other entities offering financial services (Trust offices, market makers. mortgage agencies, Fund management, etc.)
- Real estate investment vehicles (renting of real estate/residential/non-residential buildings)
- Governmental entities
- Trusts and private investment companies
- Precious metals and minerals
- Mining, oil and gas
- Pornography and sex industry
- Defence, weapons and ammunition
- Soft and hard drugs (manufacture of tobacco products, wholesale of unmanufactured tobacco. wholesale of tobacco products and smokers' requisites)
- Political and other ideological organizations
A corporate structure can consist of many layers, depending on its legal form and characteristics.
We cannot accept your company if your legal structure is too complex. We classify this by any company whose structure is 3+ layers outside of our acceptance policy. The second layer can consist of 1+ company or people, but the 3rd layer can only consist of people.
We can only accept a company if the second layer is registered in the same country as the first layer. This means the entire ownership structure can only be in one country.
The following fall outside of our risk appetite and will not be accepted:
- Foundations (Stichtings) managed by another legal entity.
- Companies with shares owned by companies without shares.
- STAKs (Stichting Administratiekantoor) or companies with a STAK in their ownership structure.
If you have any other question regarding our acceptance policy, check out this topic!
Ready to open your bunq Business account?
Sign up in 5 minutes and get one today! 🌈