- I like that the QR-functionality has been given more prominence. It is the single most used action performed by me.
- Cannot scroll down to view all accounts.
- Hyphenation/text odd sometimes "profile co \n mpletion"
- Crashes when switching account
- My online cards have been deleted?
- edit: Frequent logouts during normal browsing in the app.
The aggregate events list is gone, and I really liked this feature. Tap 'Total'. Though that I not though of pressing 'total' for the events tells me that it is not intuitive.
- The 'three circle' views take up the most important screen real-estate, and do not add value.
- I am annoyed by the prominance of the tree-planting. Compared to other suppliers I could more cheaply get more trees planted, hence I am not interested. Still, Bunq chooses to send me constant mails and notifications for this feature. I would very much like to opt out of any correspondence related to this.
- Most interactions take more taps and time compared to V2.
- The 'explore' tab under (+) is not descriptive. Whereas previously you could 'create new account' with an appropriate icon, now the icons are hard to parse and filled with fluff. I.e. 'Make life easy', 'without a branch visit', 'reach your goals faster'. All unnecessary marketing fluff that merely increases the mental load.
- The 'cards' view does not provide an easy overview. Two-column layout with my 6 cards results in cut-off card names, and 50% empty screen space.
- The 'us' tab has no functionality, yet is quite prominent.
- The (+) button makes no sense to me given the context. Why can I add a feature request under profile, but create a personal link under 'us'?
I find that V3 is a regression compared to V2. As a software developer I am honestly baffled by the design choices made by the UX team. Was an usability-study performed? I get the impression that the release was rushed, and that marketing has too much input over the app. I am not familiar with the internal politics of Bunq, but that is the impression I get from this release.