So you are ready to pay anywhere with your phone 😎?
Who can use Tap & Pay?
All bunq users with a residence in the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Portugal, Austria, Ireland, Spain, Italy or Greece.
What you need to do to enable Tap & Pay on your device:
- Activate Tap & Pay from the Cards tab in your bunq app
- Set a Tap & Pay code or fingerprint to unlock your phone and authenticate payments
- You're ready to go! 🚀
Follow the steps below to see how this works:
We have also implemented the use of Tap & Pay in two different ways 😏.
The Single tap ☝:
- Open the bunq app.
- Go to the Me tab and tap Cards section
- Go to Tap & Pay card (or widget).
- Press “Pay”.
- Authenticate with fingerprint or Tap & Pay code.
- Tap your device against the terminal.
The Double tap ✌:
- Tap the device against the terminal (1st time).
- Authenticate with fingerprint or device unlock.
- Tap device again (2nd time).
We also have a Tap & Pay widget 😃
You can use the widget to unlock Tap & Pay on your phone without even opening the bunq app. The Tap & Pay widget can be enabled as an alternative for steps 1 to 3 in the single tap scenario, so your bunq app does not have to be open for NFC payments 👍.
Get the T&P widget 🌈:
- Press hold your main screen
- Tap on widgets
- Tap on bunq widget
You can also change the size of the widget by pressing and holding the widget to your desired size.