Will bunq charge me for withdrawing cash at an ATM?
For those occasions where paying by card isn't possible, our Easy Money, and Easy Green members benefit from first four withdrawals per month are free, the five after are €0.99. Thereafter, we charge a fee of €2.99 per withdrawal. Our Easy Bank users can make their first five withdraws for €0.99 per ATM transaction. Thereafter a fee of €2.99 will be charged per withdraw.
Check out our pricing sheet for more information.
What about the Travel Card?
Our travel card members are able to use their cards at ATMs around the globe and we charge a fee of €2.99 per ATM transaction, that's it. No hidden costs, no FX charges, no messing with you or your money.
Besides the possible charge from bunq, ATM's can have their own fees. These fees can differ, depending on the policy of the ATM's bank. The ATM will give you a message on the screen to inform you about the amount of the withdrawal fee. It's always good to keep an eye on this before accepting the withdraw.
ATM withdraw limits
- Account verified less than 3 months ago: €250 per calendar day, per person.
- Account verified longer than 3 months ago: €500 per calendar day, per person
- default limit: €500, per day
- maximum limit: €500, per day
Keep in mind that the ATM may charge its own transaction fee or have its own limit (e.g. some ATMs in the Netherlands do not let you withdraw more than €250/300 per day).
Three top tips regarding ATMs
- Make sure that the ATM you want to use accepts Maestro or MasterCard
- When withdrawing cash at foreign ATMs, always choose the local currency of the country you are in when the conversion options appear
- Safety first! Always check your surroundings at the ATM for any suspicious behavior and shield your PIN when you enter it
Do you want to save money and time?
Get your bunq account in less than 5 min signing up here.