We all know that fantastic moment when you get your brand new phone 📱 Logging in on your bunq app on the new device is super easy, especially when you've retained your old phone number.
How do I login to my bunq account on a new device?
Follow the steps below if you have the same phone number or email address:
- Open the bunq app 🌈
- Tap on Already a member? Login!
- Enter the phone number or email address linked to your bunq account.
- Enter your Security code.
- Open the temporary magic link we send to your phone number or email address from your new phone.
- Confirm access to your bunq account.
If you need to reset your security code, you can check this page.
Login changes to the bunq app
To make sure you have a 100% carefree experience with your money, we always aim to stay ahead of global developments. With worldwide reports of fraud (most notably phishing) increasing rapidly since the onset of COVID-19, we implemented a few innovative safety features to your bunq app, to help keep you and your money safe.
New safety features 🤓
- Temporary access link: if you log in to your bunq account on a new device, we’ll automatically send you an access link to your phone. This is a unique “magic” link that will give you access to the app and can’t easily be shared with others.
- When your bunq account is accessed on a new device, we will also apply a one hour cooldown period. You can find more information about it here.
Because these new features are both safer and easier to use than using a Hand scan or a passphrase to authenticate your account, these two will be discontinued. This way you're guaranteed your account is getting the best possible protection! Easier and safer than ever! ✨
The new security features are added to the current lineup of safety measures in the bunq app: Fingerprint/face recognition, your 6-digit security code (previously “Login Code”), video verification, and top-up from a different bank account under your name.
Want to learn more?
Explore more bunq knowledge here. 🌈