From one expat to another, I understand that moving abroad can come with some obstacles. Luckily opening a bank account doesn't have to be one of them!
Check out these 5 ways that bunq makes opening a bank account easier for expats:
1. We communicate in English and offer support in a variety of languages.
We conduct all of our main communications in English so that all bunqers can understand and contribute in discussions. Want to communicate in your native language? You can request this via our support platforms to see if your language is available 🌍.
2. You have 90 days to provide us with your BSN (or other tax number).
We understand that getting your new BSN (or tax ID) can take some time. You have 90 days upon account creation to provide us with your new TIN. No rush or stress included.
3. You can open an account from your phone upon arrival in your new country.
Just landed ✈️? You can open an account within in a matter of minutes, at any time. No lengthy paperwork or branch visits needed. Just your phone 📱!
4. We offer a Maestro card (for within the Netherlands) and a debit Mastercard (for international travel).
You’re all set to fully integrate to life in the Netherlands with your bunq Maestro card 🇳🇱. Also looking to travel while living abroad? Then our debit Mastercard is a perfect for you. You can enjoy any combination of three cards with our Premium membership.
5. You aren’t stuck in a fixed contract.
Not sure how long you’ll be living abroad? No problem, as we don’t restrict you to any long term contracts. You can close your account whenever you wish to return to your home country.
To find out the the requirements of opening an account with us, check out this link here: https://together.bunq.com/d/1015-who-can-use-bunq.