Bank transfers between banks in the SEPA Region usually take 1 or 2 business days to arrive at the recipient.
When you expect a payment to arrive from another bank, we'll immediately process it and add it to your balance as soon as we receive the payment from the sending bank. To learn about Instant Payments check out this page.
For more details regarding the expected arrival time of your transfer, check the information below 👇
When will I receive my payment?
You can find estimated arrival times for the following types of payments:
- Payments made between bunq accounts are always instant!
- This also applies to bunq.me payments made with bunq payment, iDEAL, SOFORT, Bancontact and credit or debit card top up. You can find more information on how to deposit funds to your account here.
- May take up to 1 week due to processing times of the other bank.
- We recommend using Wise instead (as it's faster and cheaper).
- We can only process SWIFT payments into your account when we receive the payment in EURO currency. Make sure that the sending bank takes care of the conversion if the initial payment is made in another currency. Contact the sending bank in case you require help. Learn more about receiving SWIFT payments here.
- Click here for more information on receiving payments outside the SEPA region.
- Instant for banks that participate in Instant Payments with RT1 or TIPS. You can check out the participants here.
- All other banks may take 1-2 working days.
- If the payment isn't received after 2 full working days, you can contact the sending bank to check on the status of the payment. You can also request the Payment Transaction ID, to allow bunq to locate the payment and process it correctly.
When will my outgoing payment arrive?
See here 🙌
My payment didn't arrive on time. What should I do?
Start an in-app payment investigations as explained here
Why is the payment not arriving on time?
Possible reasons for your transfer's delay may be one of the following:
- The cooperating bank from which the payment is sent has an ongoing incident or service outage (contact them for further investigation on your transfer and further solution)
- The transfer got stuck in the cooperating bank's system and has to be reversed from their side (contact them for further payment investigation on their side)
- The transfer got stuck in our system and has to be unstuck from us (start an in-app payment investigations as explained here )
- The transfer didn't arrive / bounced back / is delayed because of service outage on our side (rare case scenario, if something like this happens we'll let you know immediately)
Quick tip: Want to easily transfer money to your bunq account from another bank? Check out this topic to see how!
Explore more bunq knowledge here. 🌈