Alex Post If you want to send Euros to outside SEPA countries through SWIFT, you can do that with the Wise integration. However, because Benin is not normally using IBANs, if you try to enter BJ IBAN the bunq app won't understand. Here's a little work-around:
- Click on Pay, enter any amount and click on "Choose recipient"
- Click on "Enter IBAN"
- Delete the country code that is filled in and enter "VG" (or any other country that uses IBANs outside SEPA)
- Now you will get a pop-up that allows you to change to SWIFT payment, click on "Next"
Now that you successfully changed the payment mode from SEPA to SWIFT, you can enter the correct details:
- Enter the actual amount that you want to send
- Click on "New Recipient"
- Choose "Outside Europe"
- Enter Name, Recipient Type, BIC and account number.
Note that I haven't actually tested myself to send money to Benin this way. An alternative to using this workaround would be to just use wise.com directly through their website and choosing "Low cost transfer" to get the same rates.