Hey bunqers! 🌈
Holidays are meant to be a time to disconnect from your problems and relax 💆🏻♀️For the explores, traveling is always the goal. Walk around unknown streets, listen to a different language and try foods you've never tasted before. All that comes with a cost and that’s the part of the trip no one likes to think about.
Fortunately you don’t have to! We thought about everything so you can do the impossible: save money on your next trip! 🤑
We want to make sure that you always get the best conversion rates. With bunq ZeroFX all our Easy Money and Easy Green users can enjoy the freedom of paying abroad without currency exchange fees. 🌈
What does this mean? With bunq, you don’t pay the 1.5% currency conversion fee on both international card payments and ATM withdrawals. 🙌
Once your payment is confirmed by the merchant, the amount will be adjusted based on the latest currency conversion rate.
We're always up for some good deals and we share them all with you. You can take advantage of them from your app. Head to the Profile tab and press on “Money saved” to see the bunq Deals. Here’s a little preview:
- Booking.com: 4% cashback on any accommodation booking made with a bunq credit card in all countries of the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Service by Claimcompass: 3 months free trial and as a bunq user, you also enjoy a reduced Success Fee of 25% instead of 35% on Starter Plan. Available to all bunq users residents of the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Withlocals: 10% discount for experiencing a city like a true local - even online!
- Stasher: 20% discount to deposit your luggage around the world when traveling.
Having an assistant is not only for millionaires anymore 😌 You can have your own Travel assistant in the bunq app. It will do all the research for you while you're enjoying yourself.
Travel Assistant lets you know:
- A simple and easy-to-read overview of the exchange rate
Don’t worry about memorizing exchange rates. We’ll give you a reminder
- Whether or not you've enabled card payments for the country of your destination
This topic can walk you through how to do this.
- Which bunq card you should use
Some countries prefer Maestro, some Mastercard. Now you won’t have to remember which.
- If other bunqers have been there before
Learn from their experiences so you know what to expect when you arrive.
- Tips & tricks for different countries provided by our community
Find out how much a beer costs or on which side of the road to drive. All travel tips are here!
You can also enable location-based push notifications, so you can be an expert on your destination as soon as you land! 🛬
For these notifications we use geofences! This means that your device detects when you get to an airport and automatically alerts the bunq app of your arrival (so your location will not be logged in the app). If you then have Travel Assistant notifications enabled in the app, you’ll receive a push notification to give you travel tips before and after your departure into a new country.
How to enable it?
- Tap on Friends
- Tap on Countries and pick one 🌍
- Check out the list with all the info on using bunq at your destination
- Bon Voyage 🛳
Invite your friends to join, and get the most of bunq together. 🌈