Hey bunqers 🌈
With bunq, you save on conversion when spending abroad by getting the real exchange rate. With your Easy Money or Easy Green account you can now receive, convert, hold and spend in foreign currencies without having to leave your bunq app with Local Currencies.
To give you a full fledged local currency account, there'll be some changes to our billing policy.
Open a local currency account in seconds 🌍
- FREE for Easy Money and Easy Green personal users
- FREE for Easy Money and Easy Green business users
Convert anytime, anywhere 🚀
- 0.50% Network Fee on the amount you convert.
- You’ll get the real market rate! On the weekends, the rates are different as the foreign currency markets close and there's more risk. This results in an additional markup of 0.15%-0.5%, depending on the currencies you wish to convert. For the best rates, choose to convert during the week.
Pay in local currency 💷
- Fast Payments available for local currencies, between €0.70 - €6.00.
- SWIFT Payments’ billing is based on the receiving party’s country:
🔘 For Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom: €10,00
🔘 For Canada, Jersey, Switzerland, Kuwait, United States and Isle of Man: €15,00
🔘 For Australia, Mexico, Brazil, New Zealand, India, Philippines, Qatar, Russian Federation, Guernsey and Mauritius: €20,00
🔘 Argentina, Israel, Paraguay, Japan, Chile, Jordan, Congo, Kenya, Korea Republic, Suriname, Djibouti,Kyrgyzstan, Swaziland, Ecuador, Taiwan, Ethiopia, Lesotho, Turkey, Uganda, Malawi, Ukraine, Uruguay, Guinea, Monaco, Venezuela, Indonesia, Morocco, Yemen, Nepal, Zimbabwe: €45,00
🔘 For countries not listed above: €30,00
Receive in local currency 💵
- SWIFT: €10.00
- For now, only GBP can be received via local payment methods: €0.70
Make a card payment in a local currency 💳
- Same currency: No fee
- Other currency: Network Fee of 0.5%
For more information on the fees involved with Local Currency accounts, check our 👉 Price List.
Want to learn more?
Explore more bunq knowledge here 🌈