Sometimes adding a card to Apple Pay doesn’t work and this error message appears: “Adding card failed. Please try again later or contact the card provider for more information.”
📲 When this bug happens:
When following these steps to add your card to Apple Pay:
- Go to the Home tab
- Click on Cards
- Select the card
- Press on “Add your card to Apple Pay”
- This error message appears: “Adding the card failed. Please try again later or contact the card provider for more information.”
🔎 How can I check if this is my case?
You get the same error when you try to add your card in the Apple Wallet following these steps:
- In the Wallet app, tap the + Add button.
- Tap Debit or Credit Card.
- Tap Continue.
- Follow the steps on the screen to add a new card. If prompted, choose bunq from the list or scroll down and press on “Add a different card”
- Follow the instructions on your screen, which result in error "Adding the card failed. Please try again later or contact the card provider for more information”
🐛 Bug status:
Fixed: Upgrade your app to fix the bug! 🚀
🚧 It has been reported that waiting for 24h can help with this issue so give it some time and try it again.
❓I have this bug, what should I do now?
We advise ordering a virtual card to use with Apple Pay in the meantime. Since there’s no workaround available, there’s no need to contact us. Please keep an eye on this topic and we’ll let you know when it’s fixed!
✨ Pro tip: always keep your app updated! All bugs are fixed through updates so this is the easiest way to always get the best version of the bunq app!
Want to learn more about bugs?
Explore more here and stay updated 🌈