Some payments have been reversed without any reason. In this case, the payment is processed but right after it’s refunded with the message “This payment has been refunded.”, without further explanation.
🔎 How can I check if this is my case?
- You make a payment with your card and it’s processed; you can see that the payment was processed in the app.
- Soon after, you receive a notification saying that this payment was refunded.
- You contact the merchant and they confirm that they didn't refund this payment.
- The same happens with different merchants using the same card.
🐛 Bug status:
Partially fixed: The issue is fixed in the following situations:
- When paying online
- When paying for something and you need to verify with 3DS
- When accepting the payment and getting a message that the transaction is approved
- When one minute after paying for some (weird!) reason your transaction would be refunded and the merchant would show that something went wrong
❓I have this bug, what should I do now?
We advise ordering a virtual card to use in the meantime. Since there’s no workaround available, there’s no need to contact us. Please keep an eye on this topic and we'll let you know when it's fixed!
✨ Pro tip: always keep your app updated! All bugs are fixed through updates so this is the easiest way to always get the best version of the bunq app!
Want to learn more about bugs?
Explore more here and stay updated 🌈