When enabling Google Pay, sometimes an error message appears asking you to call your bank to verify the information and the card is not added to Google Pay.
🔎 How can I check if this is my case?
Following the steps will lead you to the error:
Click on Cards from the Home tab
Select your bunq card
Tap on “Add to Google Pay”
You’re asked to choose how to verify and to call your bank but this doesn’t work and the card is not added to Google Pay
🐛 Bug status:
Testing: We’re working hard to reproduce this bug and understand its source. This is the first step to finding a fix for it ⚒️
❓I have this bug, what should I do now?
In the meantime, adding the card to Goggle manually also works! Here are the steps to do it:
- Open the Google Pay app Google Pay.
- If you have multiple accounts in Google Pay, you can select the account to change:
- In the Google Pay app, tap your profile picture or initial in the top right.
- Tap the account that you want to use to add a debit or credit card.
- Swipe up from the bottom.
- Tap Add a card and then Debit or credit card.
- Use the camera to capture your card info or enter it manually.
- If you're asked to verify your payment method, choose an option from the list. Learn how to verify your payment method.
- Find and enter the verification code.
- After you add a card, you might find a small charge on your account from Google Pay. This charge checks that your card and account are valid. The charge disappears and doesn't affect your balance.
✨Pro tip: always keep your app updated! All bugs are fixed through updates so this is the easiest way to always get the best version of the bunq app!
Want to learn more about bugs?
Explore more here and stay updated 🌈