Hey bunqers 🌈
Bank transfers between banks in the SEPA Region usually take 1 or 2 business days to arrive at the recipient.
What happens with the payment when I send it?
When you send a payment from your bunq account, we'll process it right away and send it to the receiving bank. It can then take a couple of days for the payment to be processed into the receiving bank account.
When you send a payment from your bunq account, an estimated arrival time is displayed for the transfer. You can see this within your payment confirmation screen.
- It usually takes 1-2 working days for a SEPA bank transfer to be processed by the receiving bank and appear on the recipient's bank account. However, in some cases, the receiving bank determines when the money is credited to the beneficiary account. We have no influence over when payments to other banks will effectively be credited on the beneficiary account.
📌 Note: Transactions done after 15:25 on a weekday will be processed on the next working day.
- If the payment isn't received after 2 working days, you can export a transaction confirmation and share it with the receiving bank, to allow the receiving bank to locate the payment in their systems and process it correctly.
- Payments between banks supporting SEPA Instant Payments and participating in the RT1 or TIPS system will arrive instantly on the recipient's bank account. To learn more about Instant Payments check out this page.
- The arrival time will depend on the amount and currency of the payment.
- You can see an estimated arrival time within the payment event. Their website can give you some more info.
To learn about Instant Payments check out this page.
Want to learn more? Explore more bunq knowledge here ✨