We’re excited to announce another first for banking!
Faster, easier and up to 8 times cheaper than traditional banks: we joined forces with Wise so you can send money in 43 currencies straight from the bunq app.
Wise is a new kind of financial company for people and businesses that travel, live and work internationally. It’s the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders. With a simple money transfer platform and borderless accounts, it makes managing your money quick, easy and painless.
Our partnership will allow you to send money abroad at the real exchange rate, paying only a small, upfront fee. We're both excited to introduce transparency in an industry where hidden fees are commonplace.
How do I send an international payment?
To send a payment in a currency different than Euro, click here or follow the steps below:
- Go to Home
- Select the account that you want to send money from
- Click on Make a Payment
- Select your currency by tapping on Choose Currency
- Enter the amount
- Tap on Next
- Choose recipient
- Tap on Send Payment
You could also find more information here.
Good to know
- Available for all plan 🚀
- You should be over 18 in order to make transfers with Wise
- You can always make sure to check the status of Wise's service here
- Wise charges different fees depending on the currency and amount, you can always check the exact charge here
- You can't see the recipient's IBAN in the bunq app, however, you should be able to get that information when logging into the Wise website/app (using the same login details as for bunq).
- The recipient will see Wise as sender of the payment. That's why we highly recommend you to leave a note for the recipient.
- You're able to see an estimation of the transfer in the bunq app's payment event once you've transferred the funds.
Some useful Wise pages
For more info about Wise, you can check out their website or our FAQ.