Hey bunqers 🌈
Here you can check your daily limits for PIN and online card transactions, card top-ups, cash deposits, cash withdrawals and contactless payments.
- Looking for your daily payment limits? Check here 💸
- Looking for your daily Local Currencies limits? Check here💰
PIN and online card transactions
- Default limit: €1,000 per day
- Maximum limit: €50,000 per day
💡Card limits only apply to card payments. You can set your limit per card or apply the same limit to all of your cards.
💡When performing a chip payment, the limit for the chip is used but the calculation of money spent today doesn't take the contactless + PIN into account.
Important note: Apple Pay top ups count towards your card top up limit 🍎 Learn more here
- You can top up a maximum €1,500 per week using this method
- You can top up maximum €1,000 in a day
- You can add a maximum of 2 different cards in a calendar week
- You can top up a maximum €2,000 per day from a card.
- You can add a maximum of 5 different cards in a calendar week
- The minimum amount is €50 and the maximum is €999.99 per 24h
- Account verified less than 3 months ago: €250 per calendar day, per person
- Account verified longer than 3 months ago: €1000 per calendar day, per person
- Default limit: €1000 per card, per day
- Maximum limit: €1000 per card, per day
Keep in mind that:
- the ATM may charge its own transaction fee or have its own limit (e.g. some ATMs in the Netherlands don't let you withdraw more than €250/300 per day).
- The above limits are the maximum technically possible. It is not possible to set a higher daily limit.
There's a €50 limit per contactless payment in:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, France, French Guiana, Greece, Germany, Guadeloupe, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Malta, Martinique, Monaco, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, St Pierre and Miquelon.
❗️ Contactless limits in a currency other than EUR are listed here.
Your PIN will be requested after 5 contactless payments or when you've made contactless payments for more than 150 EUR (cumulative). So if the 4th contactless payment makes the sum of the 4 payments higher than 150 EUR, the PIN will be requested.
Good to know
- The language of the terminals depends on the language of the card. Your card language is set automatically as the phone language at the point of ordering the card. The only way to change the terminal language is to order a new/replacement card with the preferred language set.
- You have one card limit in place that applies to all transactions and in addition, you can choose to have the limit apply to all cards, or set a limit for each individual card. Keep in mind, this limit is a cumulative limit and is applied per card. This means, if your limit is €1000 and it applies to all cards, you can spend €1000 on each card.
- The contactless limit in the Netherlands is €25 (keep in mind this limit may vary per country). As such, anything above €25 will require a PIN☝️.
- You can however spend up to €50 contactless cumulatively. So, when you reach the €50 limit, you'll need to provide a PIN and the counter will reset again.
Explore more bunq knowledge here 🌈