Hey bunqers 🌈
From December 23, 2022 you can easily open an account for your child within few taps, without the hassle of providing any additional documents 🎉
Minor accounts are now available for users in 🇳🇱 The Netherlands, 🇩🇪 Germany, 🇪🇸 Spain, 🇮🇹 Italy, 🇫🇷 France and 🇮🇪 Ireland.
How do I open an account for my child?
Follow the simple steps below to do so:
- Select Home 🏠
- Click on Add
- 🟣 Add Child
- Fill in your child's personal information
- Select the desired account type, set up the desired budget and choose which plan you want your child to be using.
What should my child do?
Once you've filled your child's telephone number and email address, an invitation will be sent through SMS or email. Once the invitation is accepted, your kid should simply follow the flow. Once the invitation process is done, you'll have full access to your child's account.
What do you need to open an account?
All you need to open an account for your child will be their Tax ID. After registration, you have the option to add an email address or phone number to your child’s account so they can log in from their device. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Profile
- Tap on Personal Information
- Change the details
- Edit or update information accordingly.
Why Isn’t my child’s account verified?
In case your last name and your child's last name don't match, we would require a document that proves your legal guardianship. This could be any of the following:
- Birth certification
- Adoption documents
- Court order establishing custody of the child
- Court order establishing legal guardianship
- Official documents issued by the Government or Embassy that clearly state the name of the guardian, name of the minor and the relationship between the two.
How to give your child access from their device?
- Go to 👤 Profile
- Tap on “Set Security Code” under your child’s account
- Add the phone number you’ve used for your child’s account
- Enter the confirmation code received on your child’s phone
- Set a security code
- Done ✅
Is it possible to grant access to a second parent?
Yes, you can grant access to a second parent. This can be done through the Shared Access feature. To do so, follow these steps below:
- Open the child sub-account
- Click on Access
- Then Share access
- Invite parent 2
Further information about this feature here.
What if my child creates an account of its own?
Once your kid tries creating a Personal account with us, a dynamic screen will ask them to send an invitation to their parents and invite them to either open a bunq account or simply accept the invite. Once the invitation has been sent, you’ll be informed about it through SMS or email, which will take you to the app store or the bunq Home page.
Can I reset my child's security code?
Yes, you can change it by following the steps mentioned bellow:
- Go to 👤 Profile
- Scroll down to your child's account
- Tap on Set Security Code
- Set up your child's phone number and confirm it
- Enter a Security code
- Done 🎉
Good to know
- A proof of relation is asked when the names of the minor and legal guardian/parent aren't the same.
- The parent should have a Personal account in order to give the child permission to have an account. The child can choose any of our plans (More info on our plans here.
- You as a parent have full overview and access to your child's account.
- Both parents can have access to the child's account if they have Easy Bank, Easy Money and Easy Green.
- No minimum age is required. However, the child should have a phone number or email address.
- When your child turns 18 years old we break the Connect so they can have their own personal account , provided the account has its own alias.
Want to learn more? You can explore more bunq knowledge here 🦄