We have gathered all the answers to the most frequently asked questions about Offline PIN payments🤓
Check them out below!
1. With which cards do payments at offline terminals work?
This currently works with the Travel Card and Mastercard Debit cards. It's not supported on Maestro.
2. Will I get an event in the app?
Since the payments will be offline, you will not receive an event in the app
immediately, as only your card knows that the payment has been made 💳 This
information will come through later when the terminal goes online.
3. Do I need to order new cards to get the offline pin feature?
No need! Your current cards support Offline PIN automatically🌈.
4. How do I activate offline PIN on my cards?
To enable offline PIN, all you need to do is make a contact payment, i.e., insert your card into a terminal that's online👍.
5. Is there a limit for offline payments?
You can spend up to €250 offline😃.
6. Does an offline terminal support my secondary PIN?
No, secondary PIN will not work with offline terminals, as the PIN validation will only take place on the card itself.
7. From which IBAN is an offline transaction debited? The IBAN to which the card is linked at the time of payment, or the IBAN to which the card is linked at the moment that bunq processes the transaction?
The offline payment will be deducted from the account the card is linked to at the time we process the transaction.
8. What happens if the daily limit is met when the offline payment is being processed?
If you have hit your daily limit, and make an offline payment, the offline payment will go through successfully. Only when we receive information about the payment will it contribute to the daily limit.
Do you want to enjoy the bank of tomorrow today?
Sign up in less than 5 minutes here!