The Joint Account gives you the ability to have 2+ legal owners of a monetary account all within a matter of seconds! Make sure that each person has their own bunq account, and then you're all set to create the Joint Account within seconds. This feature is available for all Personal Easy Bank, Easy Money and Easy Green users 📲
If your friend doesn't own a bunq account, they'll have the opportunity to open one through your Joint Account invitation link. In addition to this you may also win a Jackpot of 10K! Learn more here 🌈
All account owners will get an instant notification whenever someone makes a purchase/deposit and there’s no limit on the amount of Joint Accounts that you can open 🙌.
When it comes to the number of members in a Joint Account, the limit is 10 people.
Good to know
- The Joint Account counts towards the maximum of 25 sub-accounts.
- You can invite up to 9 people
- All owners are equally divided legal owners of the Joint Account
- You can't re-open a Joint Account once it's closed from you in the app.
- You can order a Maestro card with the IBAN of the Joint Account printed on the. Yet, cards are bounded to card owners so it will only show the name of the cardholder.
- All of the funds are shared, meaning that if you have negative balance this is shared amongst the legal owners as well.
- You can also request a switch service for a Joint Account as explained here
- When you send out payments from your Joint Account, the receiving party will see a "CJ" at the end of the sender's name. The CJ part is to point out that it's a Joint Account,
- You can't set up a Joint Account with a Business user. However, you can share access from a personal account through Connect.
- If one of the owners wants to close the account, the entire account will need to be closed and there is no way of keeping the account as closing the account is equally shared as well.
Want to learn more?
You can explore more bunq knowledge here 🦄