What is the BIC/SWIFT code?
The BIC/SWIFT code for:
- NL 🇳🇱 IBANs = BUNQNL2AXXX
- DE 🇩🇪 IBANs = BUNQDE82XXX
What's a BIC/SWIFT code?
The SWIFT system is used to standardize international banking transactions through IBAN. Banks often use the bank identifier code (BIC) instead of the SWIFT code, however, the two are easily interchangeable.
A BIC/SWIFT code is often needed when sending international transfers. You can find out more about them here.
Where can I find bunq's BIC/SWIFT code?
You can also conveniently locate our BIC/SWIFT code directly from your Accounts screen if you ever forget it! Follow the steps below to see how:
- On Home screen, tap on a sub-account.
- The IBAN will be hyperlinked below the balance of your account. It will resemble: NLxx BUNQ xxxx xxxx xx or DE xx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
- Tap on your IBAN.
- Your Account Details will expand and the BIC/SWIFT code will be displayed below your IBAN.
Looking for your IBAN?
This is located above the BIC/SWIFT code in the app. Check out this topic to learn more!
Don't have a bunq account yet?
Sign up and try us for free today. 🌈