Hey bunqers 🌈
We’re happy to announce that, starting October 1st, 2022, bunq will no longer be charging any safekeeping fees on balances up to €1,000,000. Furthermore fees for balances over €1,000,000 are reduced by 50%.
At bunq we have the highest safety concerns for your money and therefore store large parts of it at the European Central Bank (ECB). Since the ECB has decided to stop charging money for deposits, we’ve immediately responded by adjusting our safekeeping fees accordingly, so that you can keep your funds secure for less 🚀
Therefore, as of 1st of October 2022, the following pricing is in effect:
- For balances up to €1,000,000, we'll no longer charge any safekeeping fees.
- For balances over €1,000,000, the safekeeping fee is significantly reduced by 50% to €0.03 per day per €1,000 (rounded down). As before it only applies to your balance above €1,000,000.
Important note: As of December 1, 2022, bunq will no longer be charging safekeeping fee at all! More will be announced soon 🎉
Example for accounts with balance below €1,000,000 💸
- If you have less than €1,000,000 in your bunq account (total of all sub-accounts): there's NO safekeeping fee, since this is below the minimum amount for it.
Example for accounts with balance above €1,000,000 💰
If you have €1,100,000 in your bunq account:
- Your first €1,000,000 would be with no safekeeping fee.
- For every €1,000 above €1,000,000 you’re charged €0.03/per day. In this case - 100 x 0.03 = €3.00/per day.
- This makes your safekeeping fee a total of €3.00/per day.
You can find more detailed information about our safekeeping fee as well as the pricing of other services in our pricing sheet. 🏷
How's the safekeeping fee working until 30th of September?
- You can check examples here
Want to learn more?
Explore more bunq knowledge here ✨