We’ve been alerted of multiple fraudulent websites and individuals impersonating bunq in the French market.
We would like to protect anybody from scams to the best extent possible - not only our existing customers, but any non-bunq users, as well. That’s why our anti-fraud specialists have gathered some pro-tips on how to stay safe in such cases, you can find all the insights below!
How to recognize a scammer pretending to be bunq?
The criminals approach individuals via social media and offline via phone by pretending to be bunq sales agents. They contact victims who are considering entering into a relationship with bunq and offer services such as opening a Savings Account. Scammers have also been found to offer investment opportunities, related to “bunq France”.
In order to scam more victims, the fraudsters exaggerate interest figures, or other beneficial opportunities.
For your information, you can always check the benefits bunq offers on our official website - https://www.bunq.com/
What does a fraudulent link look like?
Every link which is different from https://www.bunq.com/ or https://together.bunq.com/ claiming to be a source of information is fraudulent. Examples of the fraudulent websites also include:
How can I stay secure?
Always keep in mind the following information:
- The only reliable source of information about bunq is our official website https://www.bunq.com/ and our official social media pages, linked on the bottom of our official website.
- Please also note that we are registered in France as a branch of bunq B.V. and we don’t approach potential customers with such offers
- The only way you can open a bunq account is through the bunq app. We don’t make use of sales agents or any other representatives in our relationship with our target customers.
- Always remember to be vigilant when you are approached with an offer that might sound just a little too lucrative, possibly even unrealistic. Always check the information you’re given against official sources
- If you spot any suspicious activity such as websites, shady ‘representatives’, etc., please report to us immediately by following the flow here 🙏
Want to learn more? Explore more bunq knowledge here ✨