JeroenE Now I understand that probably thousands of people have been trying to link these keywords to the emoji and that they happen to not work at bunq .
In itself there are intelligent systems for that, but they have to be integrated, which takes time. Time that is scarce in our small team, so things are always prioritized.
Problem is also in linking. Currently it works on the basis of a pattern. Begins a transaction description with
McDonalds then we assume that it is a McDonalds, no matter what is behind it. If the community makes a suggestion, however, there must be a system that is able to use this in our current "coupling list" (mapping).
JeroenE As far as that is concerned, it would be nice if you could also hang pictures / logos on very specific bank accounts and not that this only works with bunq numbers where the other person has put the picture (which is sometimes not even done).
That also happens. You see this especially with direct debits; they often have an icon, think of ANWB membership, insurance, taxes (not all, sorry), etc. But here too, if we do not know which IBANs are used for, it is difficult to link. However, these are easier to do by the community. 🙂
🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 Let's do a quick recap in Dutch VAT for the international readers 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
- Mapping or icons to companies is not straightforward.
- Most big brands have been added, at least in the Netherlands. And in the past few weeks also for countries like Germany, Austria, etc. Of course, still a lot are missing.
- Suggestion was to let users suggest an icon on the placeholder icons and search through the existing icons.
- Problem here is: how to make image files searchable in a nice automated way? A solution for this needs to be implemented
- Second part of the problem is the mapping itself. We look at patterns, when we get a community suggestion it should fit in our existing mapping. This can be tricky, the system should be wildcard matching, etc. Again, a nice solution needs to be implemented.
In the end it will come down to a relatively big time investment for a "small" feature. The solution must be time efficient and scalable so that it is worth the time investment. 🙂