Have you ever wanted to know how we protect your privacy and how to make sure that your account is as safe as possible? Have you heard about the Deposit Guarantee Scheme (DGS) and are now wondering what it is? Then you should definitely read through this topic.
Deposit Guarantee Scheme (DGS)
We operate under a full European banking license given by the Dutch National Bank (DNB). Included in this banking license is something called the Deposit Guarantee Scheme (DGS). Basically, this insures up to €100,000 of your money. You can read more about the DGS on the website of the Dutch National Bank (DNB) or on our infosheet. You can also have a look at our registration at the DNB here.
We keep track of your personal data in order to assess and accept new users, process payment transactions, ensure the security and integrity of the financial sector, and to comply with legal obligations. However, we will never sell this information to third parties. We only provide relevant information to third parties if this is required in order to properly provide our services. That being said, we make it our business to keep this to a minimum. You can find more information about this in our Privacy statement.
Keep it safe
We will always keep your money safe and prevent unauthorized access to, and use of, your account; but a little help from you never hurts! 💪
Have a look at some of our security guidelines:
- Always keep your login code to yourself and never hand it out if anyone asks you ⛔
- Make sure your phone is properly protected (set up at least one form of access protection like a login code)
- Check your account at least once every two weeks
- Always report irregularities to us immediately via the support chat or firstname.lastname@example.org and follow any given instructions ❗
- Always use the latest version of our app and keep the operating system of your device up-to-date ✅
Laws and regulations require us to always know who uses our services. This is why we ask you to verify your identity whenever you open a bunq account. Please keep in mind when using bunq that your account is supposed to be for personal use only.