bunq Business and bunq Business SuperGreen let you save time, every time. So you can focus on what's truly important: your business. Wondering if you can sign up for a business account? Check out the requirements for opening an account below:
We are always looking to expand the available countries and legal forms. You can view our full list of accepted legal forms here.
A corporate structure can consist of many layers, depending on its legal form and characteristics.
We cannot accept your company if your legal structure is too complex. We classify this as being outside of our acceptance policy if your company structure is 3+layers. The second layer can consist of 1+ companies or people, but the 3rd layer can only consist of people.
We can only accept a company if the second layer is registered in the same country as the first layer. This means the entire ownership structure can only be in one country.
All companies in the corporate structure have to be one of our accepted legal forms.
The following fall outside of our risk appetite and will not be accepted:
- Foundations (Stichtingen) managed by another legal entity.
- Companies with shares owned by companies without shares.
- STAKs (Stichting Administratiekantoor) or companies with a STAK in their ownership structure.
We will not accept your company if it has activities in any of the following areas:
- Casinos and gambling
- Financial institutions and other entities offering financial services (trust offices, market makers. mortgage agencies, fund management, etc.)
- Real estate investment vehicles (renting of real estate/residential/non-residential buildings)
- Governmental entities
- Trusts and private investment companies
- Precious metals and minerals
- Mining, oil and gas
- Pornography and sex industry
- Defence, weapons and ammunition
- Soft and hard drugs (including manufacture of tobacco products, wholesale of unmanufactured tobacco. wholesale of tobacco products and smokers' requisites)
- Religious, political and other ideological organizations
We cannot accept your company if 50% or more of your company's gross income is passive income (includes dividends, interest, rental income, royalties).
bunq complies with EU and UN sanctions globally. Moreover, we make an individual assessment of each company based on our acceptance policy and risk appetite. For example, we do not accept very complex businesses with (very) high) transaction volumes. Hence, we reserve the right to not open an account or restrict the type of transactions we support.
Want to learn more?
Explore more bunq knowledge here. 🌈