Your safety and well-being are our priority. We have an acceptance policy in place to abide by legal regulations and follow some of our own risk standards as a company.
After you complete the sign-up process, we will quickly review your application. We assess each application individually to make sure every company is held to the same standard and fulfils all account requirements.
bunq Easy Bank, Easy Money and Easy Green let you save time, every time. So you can focus on what's truly important: your business. Wondering if you can sign up for a business account? Check out the requirements for opening an account below:
Who can open an account?
In order to open a business account with bunq, you need to comply with a few requirements and be willing to provide evidence of them. Here are the basic conditions you need to meet in order to open a bunq business account:
- You need to have a verified personal account with bunq.
- You as a director cannot be a minor.
- You need to run a legitimate business in one of the following jurisdictions: the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Austria, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Ireland.
- You need to be permanently residing in the country where your business is registered.
- Your business should operate under one of the legal forms currently acceptable by bunq, find the full list here.
- Your company’s corporate structure and activities, as well as the amount of passive income it generates should all comply with bunq’s requirements. More details on this below.
- Your business entity cannot have more than one account with bunq.
- If your company has multiple trade names (under the same registration on the Chamber of Commerce) - you can effortlessly open a sub-account with the different names like we explain here
- If the various layers of your company are registered as separate legal entities with the Chamber of Commerce (Kamer van koophandel), each one would need its own Business accounts.
Once we confirm the above-mentioned conditions are met, we need to determine whether your business entity is registered with the local Chamber of Commerce or, in specific situations, you are operating on a freelance basis. Depending on that, we would require different documents in order to approve your account.
Please also keep in mind that as a bank, we are legally required to store all of our user’s personal information in a secure and protected way. That's why we are creating personal accounts for the directors of the business accounts. It allows us to keep your information and your company’s information safe while complying with this regulation. Check out this topic for more information.
We are always looking to expand the available countries and legal forms. You can view our full list of accepted legal forms here.
A corporate structure can consist of many layers, depending on its legal form and characteristics.
We cannot accept your company if your legal structure is too complex. We classify this as being outside of our acceptance policy if your company structure is 3+layers. The second layer can consist of 1+ companies or people, but the 3rd layer can only consist of people.
We can only accept a company if the second layer is registered in the same country as the first layer. This means the entire ownership structure can only be in one country.
All companies in the corporate structure have to be one of our accepted legal forms.
The following fall outside of our risk appetite and will not be accepted:
- Foundations (Stichtingen) managed by another legal entity.
- Companies with shares owned by companies without shares.
- STAKs (Stichting Administratiekantoor) or companies with a STAK in their ownership structure.
- You can find more information on company activities here.
We cannot accept your company if 50% or more of your company's gross income is passive income (includes dividends, interest, rental income, royalties).
Please find more information on this page.
bunq complies with EU and UN sanctions globally. Moreover, we make an individual assessment of each company based on our acceptance policy and risk appetite. For example, we do not accept very complex businesses with (very) high) transaction volumes. Hence, we reserve the right to not open an account or restrict the type of transactions we support.
How to open a new bunq business account?
Opening a new business account is quick and easy! Just follow these easy steps below:
- Go to Home tab
- Tap on + Add accounts
- Select Business Account and follow the flow!
Ready to open your bunq Business account?
Sign up in 5 minutes and get one today! 🌈