bunq Business lets you save time, every time. So you can focus on what's truly important: your business. Wondering if you can sign up for a business account? Check out the requirements for opening an account below:
- You are an authorized representative of your company prior to opening the account.
- Less than 50% of your company's gross income is passive income.
Accepted Countries & Legal Forms
Single-owner Business / Sole Proprietorship
- Based in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, France, Spain or Ireland.
- Fully based in the Netherlands (with the whole ownership structure inside the Netherlands) and registered at the chamber of commerce.
- Can also be a GmbH (Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung).
- Can also be a Société à responsibilité limitée (SARL).
For a full list of accepted legal forms, check out this topic.
Only the director of a business can open an account. You can verify your identity by taking a picture of your identification document and a photo of your face. If a legal representative (gevolmachtigde) acts on behalf of your company, their name and function must also be specified on the Chamber of Commerce excerpt.
You will need to provide your country's Registration Number or Tax ID during sign up. This means that your company will need to be registered at your country's respective Chamber of Commerce. You can check out accepted numbers and where to locate them below:
🇫🇷France: SIREN or SIRET number
🇩🇪Germany: Eingetragener Kaufmann (e.K.,e.Kfm, or e.Kfr) number or a Handelsregisternummer.
🇮🇹Italy: numero Registro Imprese (numeroRI).
🇳🇱Netherlands: Kamer van Koophandel (KvK number).
Ultimate Beneficial Owners (UBOs)
As a financial institution, we are obliged to know the Ultimate Beneficial Owners (UBOs) of your company in order to comply with the 4th EU Money Laundering Directive (4MLD). We may also ask you for copies of the IDs of the main shareholders.
We make an individual assessment of each company based on our acceptance policy, and reserve the right to not open an account in case your activities fall outside our desired risk profile.
Want to try out a bunq Business account?
Sign up in 5 minutes and get one today!