Have an awesome company and want a bank account to match it? A bunq Business account lets you save time, every time. Below you can see an outline of our acceptance criteria for Business accounts.
- You are an authorized representative of your company prior to opening the account.
- Less than 50% of your company's gross income is passive income.
Accepted Countries & Legal Forms
- If you have a single-owner business you must be based in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, France, Spain or Ireland.
- If you have a Dutch company it must be fully based in the Netherlands (with the whole ownership structure inside the Netherlands) and registered at the chamber of commerce.
- If you have a German company, it can also be a GmbH (Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung).
For a full list of accepted legal forms, check out this topic.
Only the director of a business can open an account. You can verify your identity by taking a picture of your identification document and a selfie. If a legal representative (gevolmachtigde) acts on behalf of your company, their name and function must be specified on the chamber of commerce excerpt.
You will need to provide your country's Registration Number or Tax ID during sign up. This means that your company will need to be registered at your country's respective Chamber of Commerce. You can check out accepted numbers and where to locate them below:
Ultimate Beneficial Owners (UBOs)
As a financial institution, we are obliged to know the Ultimate Beneficial Owners (UBOs) of your company in order to comply with the 4th EU Money Laundering Directive (4MLD).We may also ask you for copies of the IDs of the main shareholders.
We make an individual assessment of each company based on our acceptance policy, and reserve the right to not open an account in case your activities fall outside our desired risk profile.