Of course, we’d love for you to always be a bunqer, but we get that life happens and things change. We want you to have a convenient experience throughout your whole time with us, from start to finish.
How do I close my account?
If you decide that you’d like to close your account, you can now do so directly from My Subscription in your app Profile.
This can be done in a matter of seconds, no salesman pressure or questions asked. Follow the steps below to see how:
- Go to Profile
- Tap on Settings in the right corner of your screen
- Select My plan
- Tap on Close Account
- Select Close my account.
❗️Please keep in mind that if you close your Business account, your Personal account needs to be closed separately if needed. If you close just one of them, the other will remain active.
Things to keep in mind
- You can close your account with money in it (i.e. with a positive balance)
- You can't close your account if you have more than €15 debt.
- You can't close the account if you have Dutch Switch Service active from another bank to bunq, but you can do so if you have an active Switch Service from bunq to another bank.
With a closed account:
- You can't receive payments.
- You can login and see your account.
- You can reopen your account at any time.
- You can export statements from the Events tab.
- You can switch user from the Profile.
- The aliases aren't released, so you can't sign up for a new bunq account with these same aliases.
- You'll no longer be paying monthly fees.
If you want to disable the option of ever re-opening your account and close it permanently, please reach out to support and we'll do so manually for you.
Please be aware that this means that you'll never be able to have access again, such as for tax information, or other cases. We therefore strongly recommend against this option.
Change your mind? Once a bunqer, always a bunqer!
See how to re-open your bunq account here!
I can't close my account due to an "Open Request" that can't be found. What do I do?
When you send a request without a recipient and just share the link (BunqMeTab/ "Shared Request") these links would be valid for 1 month and will exist on your account.
You need to deactivate this link first and then proceed with the account closure. Instructions you'll find here but instead of tapping on "Change My Link"(step 4), tap on the red button in the bottom: "Deactivate this link".
Want more information?
You can check out our Terms and Conditions for more information on closing your bunq account.