As a bunq user, we want you to have full control over your account with features that make your everyday needs easier and accessible at your fingerprints 📲.
With Connect you can share a bank account with other bunqers. They’ll be able to view it, use it to make payments, top it up… even link their own cards to it!
How does Connect work?
To see how to set up Connect in the bunq app, check out the steps below:
- Select your sub-account
- Tap on Settings ⚙️
- Tap on Connect
- Tap on Give access
- Choose your Connect buddy 🤝
What is the difference between a Joint account and Connect?
A Joint account is an account where there's more than one owner. All owners will be legal owners, and therefore the account is in all their names. A connect account is a sub-account where you give access to your friend/family member. You'll stay the legal owner of the account.
Good to know
- Available for Easy Bank (only incoming), Easy Money and Easy Green for both
- Invitees are able to link their personal card to the Connect
- All funds on the Connect sub-account count for the owner for Tax Authorities.
- If a card is linked to the Connect sub-account the transaction fees + card withdrawal fees will be for owner of the Connect sub-account, not the card owner.
- You can't connect two Business Accounts. You can only share from a Personal to a Personal Account or from a Business Account to a Personal one.
- If the invitee is unverified, this can cause an issue in the app, so it's best to advise the invitee to verify first.
- It's not possible for the connected user to make iDeal payments as it wouldn't be possible to wait for the director to approve first.
- Invitees aren't able to schedule payments.
Do you want to try bunq for free?
Get your account and sign up in less than 5 min !