As a bunq user, we want you to have full control over your account with features that make your everyday needs easier and accessible at your fingerprints 📲.
With Shared Access you can share a bank account with other bunqers. They’ll be able to view it, use it to make payments, top it up… even link their own cards to it!
How does Shared Access work?
To see how to set up Shared Access in the bunq app, check out the steps below:
- Select your sub-account
- Tap on 🔵 Access
- Choose your buddy 🤝
- You're done!
Important note: To make your shared finances easier & clearer, we’ve simplified the way sharing access to sub-accounts works. As of December 23, 2022, anyone you invited or will invite to share a sub-account will see the complete transaction history of that account since the day it was created. Learn more about this here 🙌
What is the difference between a Joint account and Shared Access?
A Joint account is an account where there's more than one owner. All owners will be legal owners, and therefore the account is in all their names. A Shared Access account is a sub-account where you give access to your friend/family member. You'll stay the legal owner of the account.
Good to know
- Available for Easy Bank (only incoming), Easy Money and Easy Green for both
- Invitees are able to link their personal card to the Shared Access
- All funds on the Shared Access sub-account count for the owner for Tax Authorities.
- If a card is linked to the Shared Access sub-account the transaction fees + card withdrawal fees will be for owner of the Shared Access sub-account, not the card owner.
- You can't share access for two Business Accounts. You can only share from a Personal to a Personal Account or from a Business Account to a Personal one.
- If the invitee is unverified, this can cause an issue in the app, so it's best to advise the invitee to verify first.
- It's not possible for the user with Shared Access to make iDeal payments as it wouldn't be possible to wait for the director to approve first.
- Invitees aren't able to schedule payments.
Do you want to try bunq for free?
Get your account and sign up in less than 5 min !