Did a loved one pass away and are you tasked with managing their finances?
In times like these you no doubt have a lot on your mind, so managing the bunq account of your loved one should be as easy as possible. That's why we created an overview for you, so you know exactly what to do, giving your more time and freedom to focus on more important matters.
To help you with the closing of the bank account of a user we would like to ask you for the following documents:
- Copy of the ID of the deceased.
- Copy of the ID of the person handling the inheritance.
- The full address of the deceased.
- Death certificate, overlijdensakte. The death certificate is an official document that states when a person passed away. This document can be obtained at the local authorities of the municipality in which the deceased was registered.
- A will or declaration of executorship or declaration of inheritance. If there is no will or declaration of executorship or declaration of inheritance, please notify us if user has any relatives and if the user was married or in a registered partnership.
- A will, testament, this legal document contains the deceased's wishes regarding, among other things, the disposition of their funds and assets.
- A declaration of executorship, verklaring van executele, is a legal document which indicates the person who is legally authorised to execute the deceased's testament and corresponding last wishes.
- A declaration of inheritance, verklaring van erfrecht, is a legal document which indicates the deceased's inheritors.
- The IBAN, and name of IBAN holder, to which the funds should be transferred.
Please send all information and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
If there is anything you need from us or if we can be of any service, please do not hesitate to let us know via email or get in touch via the support chat.