iDIN is a secure method of verifying your age, identity and signing documents which is now provided by bunq. The beauty of iDIN is that now as a bunq user you will be able to identify yourself with third parties (government bodies, insurance agencies, web stores) using this centralized log-in.
You can use iDIN for the following activities:
- Login: Log into accounts easily and securely (like your bunq account 🌈).
- Age verification: Tells a merchant (third party) if you are over 18 years old for things like ordering alcohol online or playing the lottery.
- Identification: You can identify yourself to a third party organization.
See the full list of available parties here.
How do I log in with iDIN using my bunq account?
Using iDIN to login to bunq couldn’t be easier. You'll simply need to:
- Scan the QR code
- Confirm the information you are about to share.
How does it work?
- The merchant has integrated us in their list (like with iDEAL)
- When you tap bunq, you'll be redirected to one of our pages
- This page will contain a QR code and clearly state it's for iDIN
- If you're on mobile, you'll be redirected
- When the QR code is scanned, you'll be notified that you're using iDin and you'll receive a link leading to more information and a possibility to deny the login.
- Then we show you what information we're going to share with the merchant which you have to confirm
- An event will be kept in the timeline for future reference for up to 13 months.
Keep in mind that you can always revoke identification from the in-app event's screen.
Can everyone use iDIN?
- You must be 18 years or older to use iDIN
Is it available for all plans?
What information can be shared through iDIN?
- Address, BSN, age, date of birth, gender, email address, phone number.
How does bunq guard my privacy?
- We will always ask for your permission before sharing any details.
- We will never share payment details through iDIN (no balance, or IBAN).
- bunq cannot see your personal details at the third party where you identify yourself.
- For more information find the iDIN terms and conditions here
Want to learn more?
Explore more bunq knowledge here. 🌈