As you probably already know bunq offers banking services for both personal and business purposes. Opening a business account with us requires all of the directors which are part of it to also have a verified personal account.
Now, as of 8th of September 2021, you'll be able to log into your bunq business account via the personal credentials of the business director(s).
Why do you have personal accounts for the directors of your business account?
One main reason why we create a personal account together with the business one is to allow for more flexibility for businesses with multiple directors. In order to keep everything organized now you’ll be able to login into your business account with your director’s personal account aliases. This will allow you to keep a better overview of your business and your personal account if you have one.
As a bank, we are legally required to store all of our users’ personal information in a secure way. Creating personal accounts for the directors of the business accounts allows us to keep your and your company’s information safe while complying with this regulation.
FAQ for directors
- I need to add a new director to my business account. How can I do that?
You can follow this easy process in order to invite your new director right away:
- Ask the new director to download the bunq app and sign up for a personal bunq account. This is only necessary to receive the invite to be added as a director to the business account.
- Once the new director has a Personal bunq account, you can log into the business account and go to Profile > Tap on Settings in the right corner on top > Company settings > Manage Directors > Add Director.
- Send an invite to the new director by entering the same phone number that your colleague used to sign up for their personal bunq account.
- The new director will then receive an invite in the bunq app, and once approved your colleague will get access to the business account right away! 🎉
You can always find more information on this process here
- I forgot my security code and I can't login, what should I do?
You can reset your security code by following the “Forgot security code?” process on your login screen. You can check more information on the process here
Once you’ve reset the security code, when you log in with your director’s credentials, you’ll be able to see your business account’s overview too.
- What exactly changes after the 8th of September 2021 regulation?
Complying with banking regulations, we're legally required to know who logged in at all times. That is why as of 8th of September 2021, it won’t be possible to log into bunq via your business credentials. Instead, you’ll need to log into bunq via the personal credentials of the business director(s).
Directors will be able to manage the business accounts next to their personal accounts. Of course, you’ll still have access to the same business functionalities, plus one easy overview of both your business and personal banking matters.
Want to explore more bunq knowledge?
Have a look here. 🌈