We love helping you save time and manage your money without any hassle ✨ That’s why we’ve made Instant Payments even better for you!
Send money in real time
As of today, we’ve made major improvements to our coverage for real-time payments. Thanks to our extended coverage, it’s even easier to freely send and receive money from any participating Dutch or European bank! All banks fully connected to either RT1 or TIPS are supported.
Which banks can I make instant payments to and from?
bunq is part of 2 pan-European instant payments systems: TIPS and RT1. To see if your bank is part of them too, check out the lists of participating banks:
- TIPS (Important - Knab is part of TIPS, however, currently they have only enabled the receiving of instant payments)
We’re proud to be the first challenger bank that enables instant payments across Europe 🌈 Simply experience this amazing time saver with your next payment!
Why is this payment not sent as Instant Payment?
There can be a multitude of causes:
- The 2 banks are on 2 different systems;
- One of the banks blocks instant payments from or to another for fraud reasons;
- The receiving bank has specific compliance requirements in place, requiring us to transfer a payment as regular SEPA Credit Transfer (SCT), which takes more time. This is the case for Boursorama Bank [BIC: BOUSFRPPXXX] and Openbank [BIC: OPENESMMXXX].
Good to know
- Instant Transfers are Instant (max. 10 seconds), more info on that can be found here
- Instant Transfers are processed 24/7 and 365 days of the year.
- Instant Transfers are included with all our plans; at no additional costs
Download the latest version of the app today.