Wondering where your payment or transfer is? Arrival times can differ depending on how the transfer was made!
Sending a payment
When you send a payment from your bunq account, an estimated arrival time is displayed for the transfer. You can see this within your payment confirmation screen.
- It usually takes 1-2 working days for a SEPA bank transfer to be processed by the receiving bank and appear on the recipient's bank account.
- If the payment is not received after 2 working days, you can export a transaction confirmation and share it with the receiving bank, to allow the receiving bank to locate the payment in their systems and process it correctly.
- The arrival time will depend on the amount and currency of the payment.
- You can see an estimated arrival time within the payment event. Their website can give you some more info.
Receiving a payment
When a payment is sent to your bunq account from another bank, we will process it as soon as we receive it from the other bank.
You can find estimated arrival times for the following types of payments:
- Instant for banks that participate in instant payments with the EPC (European Payment Council). You can check out a full list here.
- All other banks may take up to 1 working day.
- Payments made between bunq accounts are always instant!
- This also applies to bunq.me payments made with iDEAL.
- May take up to 1 week due to processing times of the other bank.
- We recommend using TransferWise instead (as it's faster and cheaper).
- We can only process payments sent to us in Euro currency, payments in other currencies will bounce back to the sender.
- Click here for more information on receiving payments outside the SEPA region
Quick tip: Want to easily transfer money to your bunq account from another bank? Check out this topic to see how!