Bank transfers between banks in the SEPA Region usually take 1 or 2 business days to arrive at the recipient.
- When you send a payment from your bunq account, we will process it right away and send it to the receiving bank. It can then take a couple of days for the payment to be processed into the receiving bank account.
- When you expect a payment to arrive from another bank, as soon as we receive the payment from the sending bank we will immediately process it and add it to your balance.
To learn about Instant Payments check out this page.
For more details regarding the expected arrival time of your transfer, check the information below. 👇
Sending a payment
When you send a payment from your bunq account, an estimated arrival time is displayed for the transfer. You can see this within your payment confirmation screen.
- It usually takes 1-2 working days for a SEPA bank transfer to be processed by the receiving bank and appear on the recipient's bank account. However, in some cases, the receiving bank determines when the money is credited to the beneficiary account. We have no influence over when payments to other banks will effectively be credited on the beneficiary account.
📌 Note: Transactions done after 15:25 on a weekday will be processed on the next working day.
- If the payment is not received after 2 working days, you can export a transaction confirmation and share it with the receiving bank, to allow the receiving bank to locate the payment in their systems and process it correctly.
- Payments between banks supporting SEPA Instant Payments and participating in the RT1 or TIPS system will arrive instantly on the recipient's bank account. To learn more about Instant Payments check out this page.
- The arrival time will depend on the amount and currency of the payment.
- You can see an estimated arrival time within the payment event. Their website can give you some more info.
Receiving a payment
When a payment is sent to your bunq account from another bank, we will process it as soon as we receive it from the other bank.
❗️ Please keep in mind that we can only accept payments in Euros. Payments in other currencies will bounce back to the sender. An easy solution to convert the payments in Euros is to use Wise, we explain more about it here
You can find estimated arrival times for the following types of payments:
- Payments made between bunq accounts are always instant!
- This also applies to bunq.me payments made with bunq payment, iDEAL, SOFORT, Bancontact and credit or debit card top up. You can find more information on how to deposit funds to your account here.
- May take up to 1 week due to processing times of the other bank.
- We recommend using Wise instead (as it's faster and cheaper).
- We can only process SWIFT payments into your account in case we received the payment in EURO currency. Make sure that the sending bank takes care of the conversion in case the initial payment is made in another currency. Contact the sending bank in case you require help. Learn more about receiving SWIFT payments here.
- Click here for more information on receiving payments outside the SEPA region.
- Instant for banks that participate in Instant Payments with RT1 or TIPS. You can check out the participants here.
- All other banks may take up to 1 working day.
- If the payment is not received after 2 working days, you can contact the sending bank to check on the status of the payment. You can also request the Payment Transaction ID, to allow bunq to locate the payment and process it correctly.
Quick tip: Want to easily transfer money to your bunq account from another bank? Check out this topic to see how!
Want to learn more?
Explore more bunq knowledge here. 🌈