Hey bunqers 🌈
Local IBANs are here, and they’re the perfect fit for your international lifestyle. Easily add and use IBANs from multiple European countries - all in your bunq app. The feature is available for all verified Easy Money (Personal and Business) and Easy Green (Personal and Business) users across the EEA 😎
Local IBANs are a perfect solution if you need to establish a local presence abroad for your personal and business account. For instance, when you’re doing business in multiple countries, travel often to the same place or plan to go abroad for a while to study or work.
- Keep in mind that if you reside in Germany, France, Spain or Ireland, the app will automatically switch you to your local branch and let you open sub-accounts corresponding to your location 🙌
How do I create a Local IBAN
- Go to Home tab
- Tap on 🟣 + Add
- Click on 🟢 Add a Sub-Account
- Select 🟠 Bank Account
- Personalize your sub-account
- Choose Local IBAN
How do I verify in order to get my Local IBAN?
You can see more about this here
What's the difference between Local IBAN and Local Currency?
You can see here 📚
Good to know
- If you've been through an iDnow verification flow already - you won't repeat the verification process for your Local IBAN
- This feature isn't available for minors, meaning that you must be at least 18 years old in order to use this feature
- The currently-available countries for local IBANs are Germany, France, Spain, Ireland and the Netherlands 🌍
See more information in our pricing sheet and in our Terms & Conditions
Want to learn more?
Explore more bunq knowledge here 🌈