Looking to easily switch over to bunq? You can do so via the fully mobile Dutch Switch Service within the app! As a collaboration between Dutch bank accounts, Dutch Switch Service allows all of your incoming payments and direct debits to be automatically forwarded to your bunq account.
How do I submit the request?
All you have to do is request a switch to bunq and we will take care of the rest 💪.
- Go to Home tab
- Choose sub-account and click on ⚙️ in the right corner on top
- Tap on Dutch Switch Service
- Tap on Fully switch to bunq and enter the IBAN of your old account
- Choose where we should redirect the payments
- Confirm Switch. 🌈
Processing the request
Once we receive and accept your request, we will pass it along to your old bank. You will then get a push notification informing you that:
- We have accepted your request.
- Your old bank has 2 weeks to approve it.
Approving the request
Once your application has been fully processed by us and the corresponding bank, you will get a push notification informing you that your Switch Service is active!
This means that (for 13 months):
- All incoming payments made in your other bank account will be forwarded to your bunq account.
- All direct debits made in your other bank account will be forwarded to your bunq account. Once a new direct debit has been made with a company, we will automatically provide them with your bunq IBAN. Then the company will replace the IBAN on file so that all future payments will be directly sent to your bunq IBAN.
If you wish to cancel your Switch Service after it has already been accepted, please contact us via Ask Privately.
For any further information, you can also check out our Terms & Conditions here.
How can I send money to my old IBAN with an active switch service?
You can transfer money to the old account by sending it from the new account thats active in the switch service, as only from that IBAN it won't be forwarded.
Want to explore more bunq knowledge?
Have a look here 🌈