Hey bunqers 🌈
Faster, easier and up to 8 times cheaper than traditional banks: we joined forces with Wise so you can send money in 43 currencies straight from the bunq app. Our partnership will allow you to send money abroad at the real exchange rate, paying only a small, upfront fee.
How do I send an international payment?
To send a payment in a currency different than Euro, click here or follow the steps below:
- Go to Home
- Click on Pay
- Select your currency by tapping on Choose Currency
- Currency not there? Tap on Currency not listed? Use Wise! on the bottom
- Select the currency
- Enter the amount
- Tap on Next
- Choose recipient
- Tap on Send Payment
For a full list of available currencies, check out this topic.
Good to know
- Available for Easy Bank, Easy Money and Easy Green plans 🚀
- You should be over 18 in order to make transfers with Wise
- The processing time for your Wise transfer can be found in the in-app payment event. Make sure to go to your Home tab > click on the sub-account from where you did the transfer > click on the event > check out the processing time.
- You can always make sure to check the status of Wise's service here
- Wise charges different fees depending on the currency and amount.
- You can't see the recipient's IBAN in the bunq app, however, you should be able to get that information when logging into the Wise website/app (using the same login details as for bunq).
- The recipient will see Wise as sender of the payment. That's why we highly recommend you to leave a payment description for the recipient.
- You're able to see an estimation of the transfer in the bunq app's payment event once you've transferred the funds.
- It's not possible to make a Wise payment from a Connect account. This has to do with the limitations on the side of Wise - your personal bunq account is linked to your personal Wise account. Since Wise doesn't offer Connect-like feature on their platform, transfers from your Connect account can't be technically processed.
- Topping up your account using Wise can only be done via a bank transfer through a Wise account.
Some useful Wise pages
For more info about Wise, you can check out their website or our FAQ.
Want to learn more? Explore more bunq knowledge here ✨