We’re excited to announce another first for banking!
Faster, easier and up to 8 times cheaper than traditional banks: we joined forces with Wise so you can send money in 43 currencies straight from the bunq app. Our partnership will allow you to send money abroad at the real exchange rate, paying only a small, upfront fee.
For a full list of available currencies, check out this topic.
How do I send an international payment?
To send a payment in a currency different than Euro, click here or follow the steps below:
- Go to Home
- Click on Pay
- Select your currency by tapping on Choose Currency
- Currency not there? Tap on Currency not listed? Use Wise! on the bottom
- Select the currency
- Enter the amount
- Tap on Next
- Choose recipient
- Tap on Send Payment
How do I top up?
You can also easily top up your bunq account from any part of the world by using Wise! All you have to do is to make a transfer from Wise's side 🙌
Check out this link to sign up and start using Wise today.
Then you can simply follow these easy steps:
- Tap on 🟣 + Add
- Tap on 🟣 + Add Money
- Choose Wise
- Go with the flow
Good to know
- Available for all plans 🚀
- You should be over 18 in order to make transfers with Wise
- The processing time for your Wise transfer can be found in the in-app payment event. Make sure to go to your Home tab > click on the sub-account from where you did the transfer > click on the event > check out the processing time.
- You can always make sure to check the status of Wise's service here
- Wise charges different fees depending on the currency and amount.
- You can't see the recipient's IBAN in the bunq app, however, you should be able to get that information when logging into the Wise website/app (using the same login details as for bunq).
- The recipient will see Wise as sender of the payment. That's why we highly recommend you to leave a note for the recipient.
- You're able to see an estimation of the transfer in the bunq app's payment event once you've transferred the funds.
- It's not possible to make a Wise payment from a Connect account. This has to do with the limitations on the side of Wise - your personal bunq account is linked to your personal Wise account. Since Wise doesn't offer Connect-like feature on their platform, transfers from your Connect account can't be technically processed.
Some useful Wise pages
For more info about Wise, you can check out their website or our FAQ.