Hey bunqers 🌈
We’re very happy to announce that after yet another interest hike by the European Central Bank, we raised MassInterest on Personal Accounts. As of July 15, 2023, the following applies:
- The Interest rate for Dutch Personal Savings Accounts raises from 2.01% to 2.46%.
- The interest rate for Business Accounts still remains on a market high 1.05%.
- You’ll get interest on savings up to €100,000 as before.
- All your savings are automatically protected up to €100,000 by the Dutch Deposit Guarantee Scheme as always!
- The 2x per month withdrawal limit for Savings Accounts remains unchanged.
Why is MassInterest raised?
We always strive to offer you the best possible interest rate. With the European Central Bank’s recent rate hikes, we continue to increase our interest rates too.
Why is MassInterest raised in the Netherlands?
The decision to raise interest rates for Personal and Business Savings Accounts is influenced by various factors, like market conditions for example. However, you can now also save in USD and GBP. Further information can be found here.
Why do MassInterest rates vary in different countries?
We strive to offer our users the most competitive interest in all countries. Each country has its own set of rules and regulations (for example regarding taxes), resulting in different interest rates across Europe. As a bank we need to comply with those rules, which is why we maintain different interest rates in the Netherlands, Germany, France and other countries.
How can I set up my dedicated Savings Account to receive MassInterest?
If you don’t have a Savings Account yet, simply follow the steps below:
- From your Home screen
- Press 🟣+ Add
- Select Add Sub-Account
- Select Savings Account
- Personalize your account as you like
In case you currently have active Savings Accounts, the new MassInterest rate will automatically apply to them.
Want to learn more? Explore more bunq knowledge here 🌈