At bunq, we value freedom of choice. Taking your feedback into account, we want to give you both financial freedom and the highest possible interest rate.
To satisfy both needs, we're excited to introduce Freedom of Choice and bunq MassInterest. With Freedom of Choice you can decide what happens with your money, while MassInterest shares the returns with you!
What you need to know about bunq MassInterest:
With an interest rate 9x higher than traditional banks, you will receive an annual interest of 0.27% no matter which investment option you choose!
- bunq MassInterest applies to the first €10.000 for easyMoney and easyGreen users.
- This applies to all of your sub-accounts, not just savings accounts.
- You’re always covered by the €100.000 Deposit Guarantee Scheme, no matter what.
- Find the total of money you saved thanks to MassInterest under the Profile tab > Money saved
How is MassInterest calculated?
- The 0.27% interest rate is an annual interest rate. When you have €10.000 on your bunq account every day, then you get €27 per year.
- The interest you earn will be paid out at the beginning of each month. Since the interest is paid out monthly, if you have at least €10.000 on your bunq account every day, then you get €27/12 = €2.25 per month
- The cap of €10.000 is per plan. This means that in a Pack, you split the cap of €10.000 over the number of members of the pack. If you’re in a pack with four people you will receive 0,27% on up to €2.500 each.
- The amount of money over which you will get interest is calculated every day at 23:59. It's based on the lowest balance you had that day.
Want to learn more?
Explore more bunq knowledge here. 🌈