Is your bunq card due to expire soon? Here's how the regular process for Easy Money and Easy Green users go:
- A few months before the card expires, you will receive a push notification to let you know.
- You will then need to confirm your address in the bunq app.
- Once the address is confirmed, the card will be dispatched automatically.
- The replacement card will have the same card description as the previous one.
- The replacement card will have a new card number and an updated expiry date.
So all you have to do is confirm your address in the app, and we will take care of the rest!
Can I replace my card manually?
Indeed, you can! See how you can do this here 💳
Frequently asked questions
- Which cards will we replace?
Any cards that are active or frozen will be replaced.
- Will the replacement cost me anything?
No, we replace expired cards free of charge for Easy Money and Easy Green users. If you are an Easy Bank user, the replacement will cost you €9.99.
- My Metal Card expired. Will I get a free replacement?
Yes. As long as you have an Easy Green plan we will replace your Metal Card for free. 🌳
- Will it have the same card number?
No, your new card will get a brand new card number.
- How long will the replacement be valid for?
The replacement card will be valid for 4 years.
- Can I change my address before the card is sent out?
Of course! We'll only send the card out once you've confirmed your address.
- Want to get more out of your bunq account?
Check out all of our latest updates here for the new ways we are saving you time, every time.
- When can I replace an expiring card?
Replacing an expiring card is only possible before the expiry date 🗓 If that date passes, you have to order a new card via the new card flow.
Want to learn more?
Explore more bunq knowledge here. 🌈