For the safety of your bunq account and funds, we will sometimes require an extra precautionary measure. This extra step is to ensure that access is only given to the appropriate individual. In this case we will need you to upload an Identity Document which you can send directly to us.
Just follow the steps below:
- Forgot Security code
- Enter the email address or phone number of the account you want to reset the security code for
- Tap on Try another way
- Verify Identity
- Select a document and tap on Access my camera
- Fill in Document Number and Place of Birth
- Tap on Next
Please keep in mind that we ONLY accept direct photos of the Identity document. Make sure the document provided:
- Is still valid;
- Belongs to you;
- Is not blurry, cropped or scanned;
- Has a front and back side;
- Is original.
We DON’T accept documents which are copies, print-screens or scanned documents! 🚫
Reactivation of your Business account is also super easy
You need to be:
- Director/Shareholder or Authorised Representative of the Business Account (be present in the Chambers of Commerce excerpt and the documents of the company);
- Upload your Identity Document.
The submitted documents are reviewed manually. We aim to review all documents within 12 hours, however in some cases it might take longer.
If you are still locked out of the app or you forgot your security code, you can reset it in the app. Check out this page for more information.
Need further help? 🙋
Contact us directly via email@example.com or contact Support from here, we'll be happy to help!