We just launched Google Pay! Google pay brings together all the ways you can pay with Google right into the bunq app. Now you can make purchases in stores with just the tap of your phone.
What you need to know about using Google Pay with bunq:
- The NFC function on your phone needs to be switched on to use Google Pay. You also need to change the NFC settings if you’ve used Tap&Pay in the past. You can do this from your phone's Settings, then follow these steps:
- Tap Apps & Notifications and then Default apps
- Your Default apps might be under Advanced
- Select Tap & Pay
- Set Google Pay as the default app
- Done 🎉
- You need to use Android Lollipop (5.0) or higher to be able to use Google Pay.
- Google Pay works for both Maestro and Mastercard. You can already use your card with Google Pay before receiving the physical card.
- Using Google Pay means you agree with the terms and conditions of Google Pay. For any further information, you can also check out our Terms & Conditions.
Wondering how to set up and use Google pay on your device?
- To see how to set up Google Pay, check out this topic.
- To see how you can pay with Google Pay in physical and online stores, check out this topic.
Keep in mind that you can only use Google Pay if you reside in Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, or the UK.
Do you want to discover more about the bunq Update 10?
Find all the information here.