The Metal Card is free for everyone that prepays their Easy Money or Easy Green plans for 12-24 months. This card uses 50% less plastic and lasts 50% longer than a traditional plastic card. Once you order, there's no need to worry about your plan fees for the next 12-24 months and a beautiful Metal Card is on its way to your doorstep! 🌈
How can I order a Metal card?
Ordering a Metal Card is very simple, you’ll just have to click here or follow the steps below ⚡️:
- Go to Home
- Click on ... (More)
- Tap on Add Card
- Select the Metal Card
- Please keep in mind that you can only order a bunq Metal card if your account is fully active and has a positive balance.
- The free replacement doesn't apply to Metal Cards. Replacing Metal Cards comes with a €129 fee. Check our pricing sheet for more information.
- If you already ordered your Metal Card, you can downgrade to Easy Bank and keep using your card. If you've the Easy Bank plan and want to order the Metal Card, you'll be asked to upgrade to Easy Money or Easy Green.
Is this promotion available when I’m in a Pack? 🐺
- If you’re the owner of the Pack: yes, it is! Prepay for 12 months and get your free Metal Card!
- If you’re a member of someone else’s Pack: You can’t prepay your membership to get a free Metal Card. If you wish to benefit from this promotion, you can start your own Pack, invite friends to join bunq, and get your Free Metal Card! Otherwise, you can order the Metal Card for a one-time charge of €129.
For how long do I need to prepay to get a free card?
The Metal Card is free for users who'll pre-pay for:
- 24 months of an Easy Money Personal or Easy Money Business plan;
- 12 months of a Easy Green Personal or Easy Green Business plan;
- 12 months of a Pack plan for Pack owners.
If you’re a Pack member, you can receive the Metal Card for a one-time charge of €129.
Mastercard Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty as well as the tree-planting feature continue to be available only for users on an Easy Green plan.
More information is available in our pricing sheet on page 8.
This pre-payment is non-refundable.
Will the shipment of my Metal Card be tracked?
Yes! Your card will be sent via tracked delivery in a super green way and will be delivered in 2 weeks. 🍃 We’ve partnered with DHL to use the new Go Green service.
Is the Metal Card a debit or credit card?
The Metal Card is a true credit card. You can use it for all your spending needs, without the risk of falling into debt. Win-win!
Merchants will, therefore, recognize the Metal Card as a credit card, so you can continue to get the best acceptance worldwide and online. Easily add money directly to the card and you’re all set to spend. For more info, check this page.
Do I plant trees when I send outgoing payments (SEPA, iDEAL, SOFORT)?
If you're an Easy Green user, we'll be planting trees for every €100 you spend with your Metal Card. 🌳 That doesn't include standard outgoing payments made in the app.
Are there any benefits for getting a Metal Card?
For Easy Green users, payments made with your Metal Card are insured with the Purchase Protection system powered by Mastercard and AXA.🛡You can find more information here.
Can I still use the card if I change my plan
By prepaying Easy Money you basically get a €8.99 discount which will last 24 months. So if you switch to Easy Green immediately, you'll pay €17.99 - €8.99 = €9.00 each month. This will remain the case for the full 24 months.
Keep in mind that if you decide to downgrade your plan, you can still use the card no matter of the plan you're using after you've ordered the card.
When does my Metal Card expire?
Metal Cards expire 6 years after the date of order (example: If you've ordered the card on the 12th of February 2021, the card will be active until 12 February 2027)
My card was swallowed by an ATM, what should I do?
When a Metal card is swallowed by an ATM, the ATM owner eventually sends it back to us. But in those cases, we've to destroy and dispose of the card, which means that you've to replace the card on your own costs.
Want to learn more? Explore more bunq knowledge here. 🌈