There are a few things you should pay attention to if you're trying to pay with your bunq card and the payment isn't accepted. Below you’ll find a list of what you should check if your card payment fails.
Click on the type of payment that failed to see what could have gone wrong and how to resolve it 🚀
Card payment requiring a PIN code
- See how to resolve failed PIN payments here
- See how to resolve failed Contactless payment here
- See how to resolve failed Online payments here
If the payment failed and there's no event in your bunq app
If you tried to pay with your bunq card, the payment wasn't accepted and nothing appeared under “Events” in your bunq app, this may be due to one of the following reasons:
- You're using a card that isn't accepted by the terminal. You should therefore try to use your MasterCard if you tried to pay with the Maestro (and vice-versa).
- You're paying at an offline terminal with a Maestro card. In this case, you should use your Mastercard to solve it.
- Your card is being blocked by the acquirer. In this situation, you can contact the merchant to help them ensure that your card is accepted correctly.
- Your card is faulty and your payments get declined everywhere. The only thing to do in this situation is to replace your card in the bunq app. You can always use Apple Pay or Google Pay, until your new card gets delivered for your purchases.
📌 Important: We don't support direct transactions to bunq cards yet. This means that all transactions sent to the card won't be accepted. We recommend you to contact the sender and ask them to transfer the amount to your IBAN instead. You'll be able to receive the money that way, without any issue!
Want to learn more?
Explore more bunq knowledge here. 🌈