A corporate structure can consist of many layers, depending on its legal form and characteristics. All companies in the corporate structure have to be one of our accepted legal forms.
We currently cater to small and mid-sized businesses. We can only open a bunq Business account for you if:
- your company structure has no more than 3 layers.
- the second layer only consists of more than one company or person.
- the third layer only include people.
- all the layers are registered in the same country as the first layer. This means the entire ownership structure can only be in one country.
If your legal structure is too complex, we can't accept your company. The following currently fall outside of our risk appetite and won't be accepted:
- Foundations (Stichtingen) not managed by a natural person.
- Any legal entity managed by a Stichting.
- Companies with shares owned by companies without shares.
- STAKs (Stichting Administratiekantoor) or companies with a STAK in their ownership structure.
- Companies whose second layer includes one or more companies which are not a Besloten Vennootschap (or a foreign equivalent)
- Stichting Derdengelden
Explore more bunq knowledge here 🦄