As a bank we are required to verify your identity before opening your full fledged bank account at bunq. Since we would love to have you on board, we want to give you some helpful tips for a smooth identity verification.
How to do the verification
- Go to your Profile tab, tap on Settings, choose Personal Information and select Make sure you’re secure.
- Make sure you are in a well lit surrounding so the video is clear and your face is clearly visible.
- Follow the steps provided to you on the screen and do them carefully. Meaning that you have to slowly turn your head and say the numbers out loud.
- Hold your phone at the same level as your face while doing the verification
- Do the verification on your own, there can’t be anyone holding your phone or be present in the background.
- When you use your ID card, driver’s license or residence permit make sure to upload a picture of the front and the back side of the card.
- It might be that you’re using a document that is not supported. You can find the complete list of accepted documents here.
- If your document is brand new (under 2 weeks), we might not be able to verify it yet. You can try again later or use a different document.
- Upload a picture of your original document. Scans, copies or pictures from a screen are not accepted.
- The details on your document need to be readable and the whole document should be visible on the picture. You can’t cover any information on the document.
- The picture on the used document should be clear. Your face needs to be recognisable.
- You need to resemble the picture on your document. We suggest using a document with a recent picture to ensure it matches your current looks
Need further help?
You can always contact Support from here, we'll be happy to help!
Want to learn more?
Explore more bunq knowledge here. 🌈